Thursday, January 19, 2006

Been Awhile....

since I blogged, I see. I've been really busy with work, mostly. I'm getting hours right, left and center...they seem to be increasing steadily. It helps that a couple of my co-workers (in this case, cow-irkers) are completely and utterly lazy. I'd have been perfectly happy just getting 15-20 hours a week, but I sure as hell am not going to turn down the 32-36 I've been averaging lately. It's been going pretty well. I seem to be doing okay, and I get along pretty well with almost everyone. I've got a really good rapport with the asst. manager and one of the senior guards....they're pretty funny and have the same twisted sense of humour that I do.

On the down side, I seem to have peed off two cow-irkers because I recently ratted them out to the boss over something that happened last Thursday. One of them was already cheesed off at all the hours I was getting over him, and then last Thursday happened. The other one (who's the other "senior" guard) probably got pissed when I went over his head and had the front desk call the cops when he wouldn't do jack to solve the problem. I'm too damn old to take crap off 17 and 19 year olds. The air temperature got decidedly colder around me when I saw them both yesterday. Oh well, in order for that to bother me, I would first have to care about them or their thoughts.Any time I have to work with them may be uncomfortable, but so be it...at least they know now that I won't hesitate to do what I think is right. There is another cow-irker that I simply CANNOT stand, but she's just a silly little girl, so I don't pay a lot of attention to her.

So I was pretty ticked with my brother in my last entry, wasn't I? Well, he's since apologized most sincerely, and was here for another visit at Christmas. This one was vastly different from the last one. He came over to play dominos a couple of times, and darts with Mick. I actually had that night off, so I was able to hang with them. I'm not sure what made him finally apologize (it took several weeks)....but I'm glad to see a glimmer of the Greg I used to know. I think Mom may have shamed him. LOL

Now to make this post smoking (or non) related...I was around mucho cigs over the holidays, and I didn't have the urge even once. My brother, nephew, niece and brother in law all smoke, and a lot of my sister and brother in laws friends smoke. I hung outside with them at Wanda's, and I hung in the garage at my place with them, and it didn't bother me a bit. I even held Cam's smoke while he did something, and I kind of looked like it like it was a fresh piece of shit. It certainly smelled like it. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home