Monday, December 27, 2004

What a Great Day!

Yesterday was the most fun I've had in a long, long time. It was snowing like crazy, so we decided to take advantage of it and go sledding. It was an absolute riot...I took quite a few turns on the hill myself. Hey, its no secret that I'm a nutjob, this just proves it. LOL I thought I was gonna die when it was time to go home. Mickey and Kaity pulled me home on the sled so that I'd be able to stand long enough to make dinner. I still hurt, but it was so worth it. This is the second or third time we've gone sledding the day after xmas. Looks like we've got a Boxing Day tradition on our hands. We were out for two hours at least, and the best part of it was....there was not one single conflict...not one angry word spoken by anyone, to anyone. It was a Christmas miracle! LOL Kait and Jared are usually at each other's throats 24/7, with Jenny occasionally pissing off one or the other. Mickey and I said later that we wondered who these Stepford children were. This holiday season has been topfilled with miracles, actually. Wanda invited me up to her house to play cards with her, Mark and Mom tonight. If that wasn't enough of a miracle in itself, she also offered to keep Mom for the full two weeks so that I wouldn't have to shuffle kids around to make room for her. It's a bloody good thing I was sat down. I couldn't believe it. What's more, she even invited me to come jamming with her and some girls she knows after she heard me singing along to the radio. Her and Mark are both musicians. You could've scraped my jaw up off the floor where all these issues are concerned. She hasn't invited me to go anywhere or do anything for awhile. When we saw each other last Christmas, it was pretty obvious that there was still a great deal of animosity on both our parts. It was different this time. We actually got along really well tonight, and even had a laugh or two. It's something, anyway. It would be nice if Wanda and I could put our trash behind us once and for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home