Thursday, December 02, 2004

Life Is Good

It's so nice to be facing the impending Christmas season with only my normal amount of Scrooginess. LOL This time last year, I was a flipping basket case. I was so worried that the stress of having to put up with Wanda...and to a lesser extent, CJ...might cause me to throw in the towel. It's no big deal this year. I now know that it'd take a hell of a lot more than estranged family members to make me smoke, if anything even can at this point. Besides, CJ and I are getting along really well these days, and I no longer give a flying hunk of poo what her mother thinks. Her opinion of me is none of my business.So I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit. After all, the kids are bugging me about when we're gonna put up decorations and even when we're getting our tree! Holy crap guys...its only Dec.2! I know I have to start making a move...not like time will stand still because I want it to. The big day will be here before I know it. One good thing about Xmas since I quit smoking...nobody gets cheap gifts anymore. Last year, for the first time ever, we were able to buy Kaitlyn, Jared and Jenny exactly what they asked for. That was pretty cool. We tried not to skimp on them in previous years, but it wasn't easy. Last year and this year, I plunked down the money without batting an eye. I went out of town to Walmart with my dad and stepmom a few weeks ago, dropped nearly $300 and got presents for about 6-7 people. I had to eat at Wendy's for lunch...but at least I still had the money TO go for lunch after! LOL Life is good. I should've quit smoking a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home