Monday, December 06, 2004

Teenagers...Bah, Humbug!

Y'know....it's true. Raising a teenager IS sorta like trying to nail Jell-o to a tree! All I did was call up to Kaitlyn's friend's place (she slept over) to suggest a time for her to come home yesterday. She wasn't there at the time, but called me back about 10 minutes later with a "WTF do YOU want?" attitude. I couldn't understand what her problem was...it's not like I wanted her to come home immediately. I was giving her 2 more hours, for cryin out loud! Her attitude rapidly changed when I informed her that if that's the way she wanted to be, not only could she come home immediately, she could bloody well walk! Amber lives clear across town....well out of comfortable walking range. It was almost comical to hear how fast she changed her tune...it was like turning off a bitch switch. hehehSo much for the extra 2 hours peace...she called back about 15 minutes later. She was all apologetic...spent about 5 mins sucking up, then she goes "Can I pleeeeeeeeeeze have a ride home? Amber has to go out." Is it petty of me to be grinning like a Cheshire cat when I say, "Sorry kiddo....Dad has the car at work."? Is it spiteful to think that a nice 90 minute walk in the cold December rain might do her some good? Probably...but oh well! And yes....Mick really did have the car! LOL I gotta say though...I doubt I'd have given her the ride even if he didn't. That kid thinks it's all about her at times, so I figure any opportunity to show her that the world in fact does NOT revolve around her is all good. Sheesh...I'm a mean ol bag, aren't I?As it turned out, Amber's aunt felt sorry for the brat and drove her downtown...and from there it's only 3 blocks home. Rats! Foiled again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home