Thursday, January 27, 2005

No News is Good News

No news on Dad yet. That's cool, though....no news is good news, as far as I'm concerned. Nora will call when she has something to tell me. Stressful nonetheless, though....I hate the way he's in and out of the hospital. Fortunately though, he knows his body well, and when something is amiss he doesn't mess around. Plus he has a doctor who knows that and doesn't treat him like some hypochondriac crackpot like the doctors here were doing. He nearly died before he found a doctor (out of town) who would listen to him and didn't treat him like it was all in his head.The thought of smoking hasn't bothered me at all since I talked to Nora last night. I've gone to the gym every day this week so far and whaled the hell out of the punching bag, as well as going for a run on the elliptical. That reinforces my pride in my quit, because if I was smoking, there is no way in hell I'd be able to smack that bag around for as long as I've been lately. I'm up to five minutes straight before I need a breather and a stretch. When I first started on the bag, I couldn't even go 45 seconds without being winded. It's also a wonderful way to release excess stress. As for the running, I'm up to 20 minutes! Wooo hoooo! Another great stress buster and quit reinforcer. So what if I hurt like hell afterwards? It's helping in the long run. When I first started back to the gym in September, I could barely do 5 minutes on level 1...now I can do 20 on level 4. OK, so I practically crawl into the house after, but nothing worth having comes easy. If I can lose some weight, that will help my pain in the long run. I'm already noticing some benefits, both in the way I look and feel...so it's all good to me. Besides, its not like quitting smoking was easy, but I did it. If I can do that, I can do anything....disabilities be damned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home