Sunday, August 22, 2004

Well, That Was An Interesting Visit...

Matt's parents came to pick him up yesterday. They spent the night and left about 1 pm today. It was great to see Sherry & Rob. Hopefully they'll stop in on the way home....they forgot a couple of things anyway. LOL It was nice to have Matt for the two weeks, but I sure hope he gets an attitude adjustment. He seemed to feel the need to act like the big, tough city boy while he was here...desperate to prove something. What, exactly....I haven't a clue. LOL I chalked it up to typical teenage boy bluster.Last night was kind of weird. Although I really enjoy being an ex-smoker and wouldn't go back for the world, Sherry & Rob's smokes were smelling really good for some reason. Now WTF was up with that? I caught myself a couple of times about to ask Sherry for a drag. Oh, the horrah!!!!! Could it have been because I was drinking? But I only had 2-3 coffee and Bailey's...I wasn't even close to being buzzed. I can't see that being the reason. I've drank before and never felt like smoking. It was really hard to hold onto my quit when I visited her last year. I've always done the coffee and cig thing with her. I chalked that one up to only having been quit for less than 2 months, and didn't think too much of it. This time was different. It was like almost as soon as she showed up, I started having the urge for a smoke. Maybe it's because Sherry is one of my original smoking buddies...the one I learned to smoke with, in fact. Our first smokes were stolen from our mothers. I still remember....she'd swipe Benson & Hedges 100 Lights and I'd swipe Rothmans. Hers were like smoking air...mine were like smoking camel dung. Soon we were buying single smokes for a quarter at the corner store. Sheesh...scary stuff, 12 & 13 year olds being sold smokes for a quarter. This was way back in the dark ages....the '80's. hehehI guess I associate Sherry with smoking or something, sad as that may seem. I really hope she quits next month like she says she's going to. She's got a nasty sounding cough...Rob too. I want to encourage her, but I don't want to come off as preachy or anything. I hate those militant, self righteous ex-smokers. My sister is one of those....it used to drive me batty. Maybe I should send her the link to here again....I doubt that she saved it the last time. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home