Thursday, August 26, 2004

Glad That's Over....

Looks like Alf has gone back to where he came from, according to my BIL, Mark. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now, and can stop locking every window and door when I go out. I was doing that before Alf even broke into Wanda and Mark's. I was seriously nervous about him being here...I have good reason. I can't make my position understood without giving up some gory details...and I'm not into that. So the full story is that Wanda and Mark went camping this past weekend, and Alf broke in through a window and stole some food and stuff. I had thought that he was no longer staying in their shack, but he was. They threw him out when they got home and realized that he broke in. Man, we got us a soap opera here...As The Stomach Turns! Now for a complete change of subject....I wish my mom would quit smoking. She's been in and out of the doctor's office for the last 3 months or so with high BP and high blood sugar. She's been on the meds for both problems for some time now, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's no wonder...she smokes about 2 packs a day, drinks nothing but Diet Coke and doesn't exercise. Also, she's been out of money for about a week or so...I'm talking $0. I guess she ripped Wanda's head off on the phone a few days ago for daring to suggest that Mom quit smoking and start walking. She had been out of smokes for a day or two, and apparently wasn't taking it too well. It must've been bad...Wanda sent Mom her birthday card early with some money in it. I've given up trying to make that suggestion to Mom...the last time I did, she reacted the same way she did with my sister. It really wasn't a nice conversation. I tried to be as supportive and inoffensive as I could, but it still wasn't well received. The difference between me and Wanda though, is that I refuse to kiss Mom's butt anymore. I played that game for far too long...it's exactly what she wants. She thrives on manipulation. When she called me today and told me about having received Wanda's card and money, it actually sounded as though she were gloating. *sigh* My family is a real laugh riot, eh? LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home