Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So It's Official....

I AM truly out of my fucking mind! I'm physically limited, have anxiety issues....and I'm currently taking courses to become a lifeguard. This is some scary shit. My heart has pretty much been pounding in my throat all week...and I still have about 3 weeks of this to go. I'm taking my Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross at the same time....started last Tuesday and am going until this Friday. Then, I take the National Lifeguard Service course for another 2 weeks. Most ppl don't take them all back to back like this, but the pool has pretty much offered me a job on a silver platter upon successful completion of the courses.I'm doing this basically because I'm bored shitless with my life. I've been off work for 5 years, and before that, all I ever did was flip burgers, run tills, sign ppl into their campsites, answer phones and dispatch taxis. This is something completely different from anything I've ever attempted....it requires a certain level of physical fitness for a start. I'm doing really good so far, but my body isn't really liking the abuse. The pain isn't debilitating or anything, but it's sure no picnic either. I'm pretty confident I can do this....I'm gonna try my very best, anyway. If it doesn't pan out, at least no one will be able to say that I only did it half assed. I'm pretty scared though...it's a lot to learn in a short time frame, and there's a shitload of responsibility if/when I get certified. Like I said, my other jobs have been pretty much no-brainers, so I'm feeling a bit intimidated by the idea of being a professional first aid attendant. I'm probably worrying way too much, I know....I'm terrible that way. Well, back to the books..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home